This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Monday, November 16, 2015

BookBlogWriMo 2015: Day 2: The Blogger Behind the Blog


For Day 2 of BookBlogWriMo, we have the topic The Blogger Behind The Blog.

Hmmmm there's so much I could write for this prompt!

I suppose I'll start with the basics.  My name is Laura and I love to read!  I started this blog back in April of 2014 and was a part of Goodreads a little while before that.  I had never heard of a site where you could keep track of what you read before I found Goodreads so that was a really cool day when I made my account.  Then I set up a Gmail and found this awesome thing called Blogger!  I thought 'why not?' and the rest is history!

My love of books has kept me sane for so many years!  Whenever I'm stressed or just need a break from life, books are there to take me away.  My life definitely wouldn't be complete without them.



What's some other stuff about me...

I suppose you've already guessed but my favorite color is, in fact, blue.  My eyes are also blue (what a coincidence!).  I have two cats named Tiger and Smokey and they are the most loyal and hilarious cats!

I have an addictive need for any kind of chocolate: dark, milk, white, melted, solid, and especially in drink form!  My favorite beverage is by far hot chocolate!  Surprisingly, what I don't like is chocolate ice cream.  It's just way to sweet for me.



I'm an avid tennis player although I'm by no means a professional.



I love to knit and watch movies late at night and rereading books/taking notes on books while listening to movies that have great soundtracks.



I have blonde hair that's slowly, sadly, turning brown.  I have a deep love for animals, the arts, and the beauty of the human being.  I can alternate between really deep conversations and really shallow conversations at the flick of a switch.

I don't really have a favorite genre of books although I do have a special place in my heart for fantasy!

I also really love music and play the clarinet, piano, and saxophone.  I also really love to sing although I've never had the time to join a choir.  Listening to all kinds of music is one of my favorite things to do although whenever I do listen to music, I can't be doing anything that requires my full attention because I'll always want to sing along!



I've never been able to wear makeup because it always irritates my eyes or clogs my pores.  I applaud people who can put it on correctly and be able to wear it all day!  I just can't have stuff that isn't my skin touching my face all the time.

I write reviews about every book I read until I read it for academic reasons and wasn't keeping track of how I actually felt about the book.  You know, those classes where you're supposed to be putting together themes or something so you don't actually pay attention to the things that matter in a review (or at least, the kinds of reviews I write).

I think that's about it!

2 comments:

  1. I wear make-up and I love it but I'm so sad I can't do the cat eye look. Or really any look... lol great post and good luck with NaNoWriMo!

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky duck! Yeah, I've seen tutorials and it looks really hard to get both sides looking equal. I wish I was able to wear it (maybe I just haven't found the right brands yet) because it seems like such a cool way to express yourself!

      Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...