This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Saturday, November 1, 2014

#BookBlogWriMo - History of Your Blog

Today's topic is: History of Your Blog - Tell us how you got started! When did you start your blog? Why? What have been some of your trials and tribulations? How many pigs did you have to sacrifice to get people to see your Facebook posts?


Let's see... *taps chin*  i first started this blog a couple months ago... May 12th, 2014 to be exact!  As for the reason, I was posting my reviews in a thread on one of my groups (for the life of me, I can't remember which one it was) when someone suggested that I start my own blog!  I was already leaning toward the idea after reading several of my friend's book blogs.  It seemed like so much fun to participate in meme's and release day blitz's and all that stuff!

So after that wonderful day when I first started designing my blog, I was just posting reviews.  Now, I've expanded a bit although I haven't had the time to further design my blog (or create a blog banner for that matter).

I'm still learning so much and am subscribed to several blogs that post suggestions for new bloggers out there.  I'm trying to get more involved in the blogosphere and it's been so much fun talking to fellow bloggers and making new friends :D

I still have quite a few old reviews to post from my Goodreads page.  I actually think that's where this all started - the day I discovered Goodreads.

I joined Goodreads in July of 2013 (I know, I know, I'm so new to practically everything!).  I was so nervous at first about meeting people on the site but everyone was so nice and soon I was writing reviews like a pro (yeah... actually not...).  If you look at my first review (Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore) and at my most recent (_____) you'll see how much they've changed (and hopefully improved!).  I also had a lot of help from fellow Goodreads members!

So anyway, back to the blog.  After I created it in May, I really didn't have a posting schedule.  However, over the summer, I got into it a little more and started reading more books with a more critical eye and actually taking notes.  And then my schedule was born in... August... I think?  I recently changed it... here it is:

Sunday: Review
Monday: Review
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday or TTT or a Tag
Wednesday: WoW or WWW
Thursday: Bookish Discussions
Friday: Review
Saturday: Stacking the Shelves or any miscellaneous post!


So there you go!

6 comments:

  1. I actually had no idea what Goodreads was until a little after I started reviewing books! That's cool that you have a blogging schedule, I've never been able to stick to one xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?? Crazy stuff man... XD Haha thanks! It's the only way I keep even remotely organized.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh yes, the blogging tips from other book bloggers are so helpful! I especially love www.nosegraze.com. Ashley is amazing. She's doing a new blog design for me too.

    I don't use a schedule, I'm more of a pantser to use the NaNoWriMo classification. But everyone works differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a browse of your blog and it's great :) I'm just getting back into book blogging after a TWO YEAR break and I'm really glad I managed to find your blog and BookBlogWriMo, it seems like a really good way for me to get back into it :) Your reviews and posts are great and I wouldn't have guessed your blog is just a baby ehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow that's a loooooong time. You'll get back into though without a hitch :D Haha thanks! It is still a little baby blog XD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...